Lora H. – in the last week
We are fairly new to the Kane County area so I don’t know enough people to get recommendations. So I’m left to my own intuition and some basic rules I have learned about choosing service-oriented businesses. My need: a simple cleaning (with steam) for a white area rug. I called Norm’s and my experience was simply EXCELLENT from the first call until the rug was clean, beautiful and back in its place. The positives: 1. Easy to contact 2. Very reasonable price 3. Pleasant to work with 4. Free pick-up and delivery 5. Fast turn-around 6. Call aheads for pick-up and delivery 7. The young men who delivered the rug were extraordinarily polite, helpful and pleasant.
I have absolutely no negatives. I would use Norm’s again in a heartbeat!
This Review was just posted to Angie’s List. I do appreciate when our customers share the experience of having Norm’s Carpet Cleaning service enter their home. Thank you:
It went great from initial quote/contact via email. The initial contact of price estimate was fast, and the next contact with how to prepare and confirmation of arrival time was great. Great follow up when I didn’t receive something, the follow up ensured I did (when I dropped the ball). The estimate of price was on target when they arrived – no games, no up sell, no additional add on cost. In fact, price was better than I expected, due to Angieslist member discount.
They called about 20 minutes before they arrived, showed up on time. Waited at front door until I invited them in (very polite/courteous). Actual quote at time of service/arrival was fast and efficient and again a very fair price. The work was done efficiently, and the carpeting looks great/work was fantastic. Michael and Matt were very personable/friendly. They worked hard and efficiently, but able to take a moment and chat to make me feel at ease. I felt at ease to ask questions, etc. They take cash, check or credit card, and if you use credit card, they send you an email receipt right away if you want for both service and payment. This was a great experience – and I am a tough customer, but I don’t have a single bad thing to say! Use these guys! Thanks Michael and Matt!
Description Of Work: Cleaned four rooms upstairs, one room downstairs, 12 step staircase, and an area rug (plus a bonus mat)
Work Completed Date: December 19, 2014
Recently we took on a rather challenging restaurant Carpet Cleaning in Geneva. The layout of this fine dining establishment had carpet immediately outside the kitchen doors. Just outside the kitchen access doors was a bar area. This combination of a generally high volume bar area and the grease that is inevitably tracked off of the kitchen tile floor onto the carpet resulted in a quite blackened traffic area on a newer very nice red patterned commercial carpet.
We have seen this type of situation before and knew just what to do. The first step was to vacuum up any dry soil that was present. The job was on a Monday following a very busy weekend and there were crumbs here and there that needed removed. We then pre conditioned the carpeting with our finest solution for the situation. We allowed the solution to do its work dwelling for about 15 minutes before thoroughly scrubbing the affected areas with our orbital agitation device, also known as a Cimex. During the agitation step we also pre condition any spots that our standard process did not break down such as wine or coffee spills. So far all of the soil was still in the carpet. We merely broke down the oils with the pre conditioner and then gave the carpet a good scrubbing. Our final step, hot water steam extraction using our state of the art truck mounted equipment to remove all of the grease and dirt from the carpet leaving the restaurant carpet in Geneva looking like new!
This type of work is very satisfying for us. We like a good challenge. Several other carpet cleaners have attempted to restore the carpet here without good results. I do believe we have another lifetime customer for Norms Carpet Cleaning!
We received an emergency call from a new customer who found us on google. The company is a manufacturing plant in West Chicago. They are still in the process of having their offices completely remodeled. New paint, new carpets, new hardwood floors, everything is looking very nice. There are still construction guys around working on different areas of the project.
The Plant Manager came in that morning to find some mystery spots on the carpet in the copy room. The new carpet was installed for only one week! No one owned up to the origin of the spots. The big boss who is handling the remodel project was out of town so the Plant Manager attempted to resolve the issue on his own.
He went out and purchased a spot bot with all of the trimmings and solutions recommended. As hard as he tried, those spots just would not come out. He did manage to make the offending carpet spots worst and grow a bit though!
Time to find a professional, he still has his day job to do! He went to the interweb and found our Norms Carpet Cleaning website. There was plenty of information he read there, and he then made the decision to call us. We were able to accommodate an appointment that day and arrived in just a couple hours.
The Plant Manager showed me the issue, we talked about the spots for a bit then I got right to work. The unsightly effected areas were quickly dissolved once I identified the correct solution to eliminate them. A little more time, a little more agitation, alot more fresh water rinsing and the spots were completely gone. The carpet looked like new, well it was new… Another unnamed person who would not admit fault helped out of a jam, another happy customer, all in a days work.
Maintaining the condition and cleanliness of your rug at home can be a major problem for any homeowner. While it may seem like an easy task to those who have not actually tried doing it, cleaning a rug can be quite troublesome given that it constantly encounters cleaning problems such as stains and spills.
A situation which many homeowners find themselves in is spilling some food on their rugs accidentally. This can be quite frustrating since food spills are tough to clean up. One kind of food spill which can be particularly troublesome is coleslaw spills.
There are many people who enjoy eating coleslaw but nobody wants to clean it up off of their rugs. Sadly, this is an important task if you want your rug to stay clean and beautiful. To guide you, here are some helpful steps that you can follow to deal with this mess effectively.
1. Extracting the spilled coleslaw is the primary task that you must deal with. Use a spoon to slowly scoop up the coleslaw until you have removed all of it from the rug fibers. Get some paper towels and blot the liquid parts of the spill before moving on.
2. The spill is likely going to cause a nasty stain on your rug which is why you need to use an effective cleaning solution to help get your rug back to normal. If you don’t have any available cleaning products, you can decide to make your own by combining one part of clear ammonia with four parts of warm water.
3. The next step is to apply the cleaning solution you have created in the previous step on the coleslaw stain on your rug. Allow the ammonia-based solution to soak the stain for two minutes. Then, get a clean paper towel and begin blotting the stained area. Do this repeatedly until the entire stain is eliminated.
4. Get a cup of clean water and then start to rinse the rug area you cleaned. Grab a clean towel and dry the area thoroughly to complete the job. This step is to get rid of any unwanted residue which could remain on your rug fibers. You never want to leave any residue behind as this can build-up and damage your rug over time.
Spilling coleslaw on your rug is definitely not the end of the world. Try the helpful steps above so that you can restore your rug’s beauty and appearance back to normal.
For those people who want to live a healthy lifestyle, eating and drinking the right foods is important. One of the best ways to do this is by drinking fresh fruit juices only instead of sodas or other unhealthy drinks.
An example of a healthy juice that health junkies love to drink is cranberry juice. This kind of juice is really healthy since it contains vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients which help make our body strong. It also has a great and rich flavor which is certainly an added bonus.
While cranberry juice can make you healthy and strong, you should be careful when you drink it though as it can make a mess if you are not careful. Spilling it accidentally on your carpet will create a big stain which makes it ugly and unattractive. Knowing how to deal with this kind of issue is a really big plus so that you can get your carpet back to normal. If you don’t know how to do this, here is a helpful guide that you can use to clean up the cranberry juice stain on your carpet easily.
1. Absorb the spilled cranberry juice on the carpet by getting a clean sponge or cloth and blotting the affected area. Do this carefully since you don’t want the spill to become a lot worse. After you have removed as much of the spill as possible, proceed to the next step.
2. Combine a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water in an empty container. Shake these two ingredients together in order to make a potent cleaning solution that will help you with the ugly stain on your carpet.
3. Pour a few drops of the cleaning solution on the cranberry juice stain on your carpet and then let it stand for three to five minutes. This is going to help break down the stain so that it can be removed using the next steps that you will take.
4. With a clean white cloth, blot the stain on your carpet repeatedly until it is completely removed. You cannot expect immediate results as some stains are pretty stubborn. All that you can do is just keep at it until the entire stain is gone.
5. After removing the stain, pour a glass of water on the area where you spilled the cranberry juice. This is going to help flush out any residue that could remain on the carpet. Dry the entire area using some clean towels and you’re finally done getting your carpet back to normal.
Ginger ale is a really refreshing drink that many people enjoy. It is a kind of carbonated soft drink which is flavored with ginger and is very popular all over the world.
Unlike more traditional carbonated drinks, ginger ale offers a unique taste which has captured the taste buds of many people. It has been enjoyed by countless people since the early 19th century and until now it is still a big favorite.
Enjoying ginger ale while you are watching your favorite television show is surely a nice way to spend an afternoon. Sadly, things can suddenly take a bad turn if you accidentally spill the ginger ale that you are drinking on the carpet. This is likely going to cause a big stain that is hard to eliminate which is why homeowners never want to face this kind of situation.
If you don’t know how to clean up the ginger ale stain on your carpet at home, below is a simple guide which I have made to help you in getting your carpet clean and back to normal.
• Absorb the spilled ginger ale on the carpet by blotting it with a clean sponge or a clean rag. Never wipe the spilled liquid as this will cause it to spread. Simply blot the area a few times until you have removed as much of the liquid as you can.
• Pour a small amount of isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a piece of cotton ball and then use this to dab the stain left behind by the spill. This is going to help make the stain removal a lot easier.
• Combine a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water to make a potent cleaning solution for the ginger ale stain. After you have made the cleaning agent, apply a few drops of it on the stained portion and then let it set for a few minutes.
• Take a clean white cloth and begin to blot the affected area of the carpet. Blotting the ginger ale stain will cause it to become lighter and lighter until eventually all of the stain will be eliminated.
• After removing the stain, rinse the area where it used to be using a cup of warm water. Then, dry the entire area with clean towels or rags to complete the job.
The next time you have a ginger ale stain on the carpet, try the steps above and you’ll surely be able to get it clean and back to normal in no time.
Homeowners often worry about what cleaning method to use on their carpet at home. Each technique has its own pros and cons which is why picking just one can be a tough ordeal. Many carpet owners simply go with traditional and more mainstream cleaning techniques such as carpet shampooing or hot water extraction but there are other methods which are also worth a try.
Encapsulation is one of these new carpet cleaning methods that are becoming more and more popular among carpet owners these days. If you have not heard of this yet, encapsulation is a type of dry cleaning method which cleans your carpet with the use of little to no moisture. Encapsulation is performed by spraying an encapsulating chemical on the carpet and then you work it into the carpet fibers commonly using a motorized rotary brush. The chemical will do the rest since it will crystallize the soil, dust, and other unwanted particles which will then make it a lot easier to extract using a common vacuum cleaner. This is extremely great since dry carpet cleaning has a lot advantages and if you have not tried it yet then maybe now is the time.
Check out below some more reasons why you should give encapsulation strong consideration the next time you decide on which carpet cleaning method to use.
• It is Easy to Perform – Unlike other cleaning methods which you are afraid to try due to fear of not doing it correctly, encapsulation is a pretty simple method which you won’t have any trouble doing correctly even though it is your first try. The concept in itself is very basic and after spraying the encapsulating chemical all you would have to do is to wait and then vacuum the carpet after an hour or so.
• No More Waiting for the Carpet to Dry – If you have used carpet shampooing or other techniques which uses water or moisture, waiting for the carpet to dry up is surely one of the things that you hate. Carpets can really absorb water and thus it can take up a long time before it dries up completely. Thankfully, you won’t have to go through the same issues with encapsulation since after you vacuum the carpet you can already start using it once more. No more long waits for the carpet to dry since encapsulation uses little to no moisture in cleaning your carpet.
Encapsulation is certainly an appealing option that can help you thoroughly clean your carpet. Try it out for yourself and experience first hand how amazing this cleaning method really is.
Carpet odor can be an extremely frustrating problem for any homeowner. Nobody wants their visitors or guests to smell their nasty carpet upon entering their home as this can be a very embarrassing situation. Unpleasant carpet odor will not only ruin your carpet but it can also affect the way that your entire home smells.
Removing unwanted odor can be hard for an inexperienced carpet owner to do. Some of the unpleasant smell can come from deep within the carpet fiber which makes it tough to remove. If you have this problem at home, doing the right things is important to get your carpet smelling clean and fresh once more. Try out the helpful tips below to guide you in getting your carpet odor-free once again.
Tip #1: Clean Loose Food Particles Thoroughly
Dealing with food spills can be tough not only because of the stain that it may cause but also because of the bad odor that can get left behind on your carpet as a result. Some homeowners think that just because they have cleaned the food stain that everything is already fine but sometimes small food particles can get stuck in your carpet fibers and result in a nasty smell before long. That is why one important tip that you should follow is thoroughly cleaning food spills so that you won’t have to deal with major odor problems on the carpet.
Tip #2: Steam Clean the Carpet
Steam cleaning is one sure way that you can get rid of the unpleasant smell on your carpet. Steam cleaning makes use of a steam cleaner that releases hot water at high pressure so the germs, bacteria and other unwanted particles on your carpet will be removed. Bad odor is often caused by bacteria and steam cleaning is one effective way of killing it and making sure that your carpet is clean and fresh once more. Another good thing about steam cleaning is that it is effective in reaching deep portions of the carpet so that it can help eliminate unpleasant odor in the hard to reach areas of your carpet.
Tip #3: Use a Carpet Deodorizer
Sometimes using a good carpet deodorizer is all that you would need. Try to go to the store and purchase an effective carpet deodorizer for your carpet at home. The deodorizer will help neutralize the unpleasant odor and make your carpet smell clean and fresh once again. It is a nice, inexpensive way to get rid of the odor problem on your carpet.
Milk tea has become increasingly popular over the past few years because of the unique and delicious taste that it has. It combines the rich flavor of tea and the creamy goodness of milk to create a really good combination that many people enjoy.
You can easily make milk tea on your own or you can try one from the many coffee and tea shops in your area. One thing that you need to remember though is to be careful when drinking it inside your house since you don’t want to spill it inadvertently on your carpet.
Spilling milk tea on the carpet can be really devastating since it can cause a nasty stain that will be hard to remove. If ever you have this problem at home, you need to take the right steps to remedy the situation. If you don’t know what to do, here are some useful advice that you can follow.
• Use a piece of paper towel to extract as much of the milk tea spilled on the carpet. Do this as soon as possible so that you can minimize the extent of the mess on your carpet.
• The next step is to make a cleaning solution that will help remove the milk tea stain on your carpet. You can make use of white vinegar for this purpose since it has cleaning properties that can help in removing stains and spots on the carpet. Mix a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water to create a potent cleaning agent that will help eliminate the milk tea stain.
• Apply a few drops of the cleaning solution that you have made on the stained area of the carpet. Then, use a clean white cloth to continuously blot the milk tea stain. This will cause the stain to become lighter and lighter until eventually all of the stain will be gone.
• Removing the stain is not the last thing that you would have to do. You would still need to get rid of any residue which could potentially cause build-up that can damage your carpet fibers over time. Pour a glass of water on the area that you just cleaned and then dry it using clean towels or rags before finally using it once more.
Milk tea stains can be tough to handle on your carpet but it certainly is not an impossible task. If ever you have this problem at home simply follow the guide above and you’ll definitely get your carpet clean and back to normal in no time.